Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Life in Portland continues....

Check out the photos below if you haven't already....

We had a nice relaxing weekend. We are fully out of boxes now. Although the kitchen and bathroom still need to be organized. It is nice to have a home again.

This last week we have had several moments that we questioned our sanity in moving. We really like our neighborhood but there are a couple of cons to it too. The first being the coffee shop below, we can hear people under our bedroom. So we have gotten into the routine of turning on a fan and some music before bed and that seems to be working. I think we questioned ourselves so much last week because we were not sleeping well. The other reason it came up was because some kicked a dent into our car on the passenger side. I am so happy that we picked the NW though. As I go through other neighborhoods, I just know we wouldn't be happy there. We are within walking distance of the Pearl and great shopping on 23rd street. I am going to have learn to
parallel park though.. as it is I just phone P if I need help.

I forgot to write this last time but two of you lovely pals sent us mail that arrived on our first full day here... I will say that was definitely a treat. Thanks SO MUCH.

Best, V

1 comment:

The Mom said...

Hang in there, the first few months are hard. Try to find a new church to maybe meet some friends. I know when we moved to California, it took some adjustment, even if we had 3 crazy boys! Learn where all the fun stuff is, so you can take Dad and I when we get there. Did you get your pants?

Love and miss you!