Well, Portland is finally starting to get colder than underbelly of a morbidly obese walrus floundering on an iceberg. We have obtained new jackets. Jackets with pockets and features designed to combat the fierce elements of nature. Nature will seduce you. But then she will sneak up behind you, stabbing and sloshing with visceral force. This is a fight to the death. Nature has an omnipresent arsenal. We have specialized jackets. This is not a fair fight.
People in Portland really like coffee. Their is some specialized form of ranking amongst baristas. I'm not sure if it involves poisonous darts or gambling. We live directly above a coffee shop that stays open until 2:30am everyday. There is also this one guy who sits in front of the coffee shop everyday and plays video poker on his laptop. He is there all day, everyday. Raining? Video poker man is not deterred. Freezing wind? Video poker must continue. Experiencing a heart attack? Drink one more coffee and continue with video poker regimen. He used to continuously smile at V until I informed her that maintaining eye contact with this man may be a risky move.
1 comment:
You write like your father. I hope your special jackets work! but I am afraid that the weather will win. I will pray for a better place to live.
Post a Comment